Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Scary pirate lobsters!

So...in case you are wondering why the heck I am writing a blog at 5:20 am when I should be sleeping in! Its my day off from watching my friends son...maybe Im excited to take my son to go see CARS finally!!! yes thats true but not the reason Im awake.

Here is why....Im sure you will be amused!
Jeff gets up to go to work and normally he doesnt wake me up for anything...not today...this morning I wake up to "Babe, you arent gonna believe this!" Hes already got the lights on..."theres a lobster on the floor!"

I pop up and sure enough...see a blurry little lobster crawling very slowly...on our floor!

The other day at wal mart dakota and matt were so amused by these tiny red lobsters that we got 2 of them. and a tank. and of course a pirate ship for them to live in etc.
We have had them about 3 days.

they must have walked the plank! Up the filter and out the hole in the back of the lid! Now you have to know that we dont keep the tank in our room. This sucker crawled from the living room...down the hall and into our room and almost under our bed! Thats a hike for a lobster the size of a french fry!

So Jeff is trying to catch him and hes freakin out cause it is a bit freaky first thing in the morning! We finally get him back in the tank... But guess what...his shipmate is missing too! GRRR! What the heck! There goes all hopes of going back to sleep! Now Im walking thru the house with a flashlight looking for this thing! I havent found him though... Should I wake up the dogs and have them sniff around? Or maybe just grab dakota and put him in my bed and try to get some sleep?(dakotas bed is low so Im afraid that he might wind up cuddling with a lobster!)

Of course the lobster we did catch is really pissed right now cause I took his ladder away and he cant escape anymore! haha..if he does...well maybe he'd be happier in the toilet!
Or maybe i should just put him outside and take him for a walk!

You do realize that right now...as i type this there is an escape scary pirate lobster on the loose in my house! I have put my search on hold for now since i dont see him anywhere! But im sure it will make me crazy for at least the rest of the day!

No comments: